Are you a director purchasing a professional development master class for a teacher? Click Here
Hello Curious Educator,
Are you a parent or teacher that would like to transform your outdoor space? When you take your children outdoors, do they run wild and get bored? Do you get overwhelmed each time you think about creating an Outdoor Classroom? Do you simply feel like you don’t know where to start?
During my time cultivating Children’s Gardens and Outdoor Classrooms, I learned firsthand the power of reconnecting children with nature. I also learned that well-designed outdoor spaces can have an important impact on child development. If you are thinking about developing your outdoor space for learning and teaching, this course is for you.
What if I told you, you could…
- Dramatically change children’s behavior using simple, cost-effective ways to transform your outdoor learning space?
- Design a one-of-a-kind Outdoor Classroom on a shoestring budget.
- Attract families who become raving fans of your Nature-Based Program.
- Authentically stand out and become a “go to” teacher/program featuring Nature Based Education?
Does any of this sound familiar?
- Spend all your time dealing with behavior management instead of teaching. You’re thinking, how could I possibly teach a lesson outdoors. All the kids do is run wild outdoors and I don’t have any time or energy.
- Unsure where to start with designing an Outdoor Classroom. You feel like your program does not have any money to redesign your outdoor space and you feel you lack the expertise to put anything into place.
- Losing motivation when parents don’t want their children to get dirty! You worry that your efforts to create an outdoor classroom will be turned down. So why bother?
Did you answer YES to any of the above? Good! Then you are in the right place!
- Outdoor Classrooms unleash discovery, learning, and adventure for all ages.
- Outdoor Classrooms come in all shapes and sizes.
- Well-designed outdoor classroom spaces have an impact on child development.
Did you know?
It is more important that teachers know how to teach a lesson outdoors, using the natural environment, than to have a fully equipped classroom that teachers may not know how to use.
I want you to take a moment and imagine a world where….
- Every child in every school had access to an Outdoor Classroom.
- Teacher training includes Nature-Based Education
- The norm is to teach outdoors!
- Teachers look forward to teaching creatively rather than managing behavior
Guess What? You can create all of this by simply gaining some clarity on how to design outdoor learning spaces.
I want to introduce you to the Teaching in the Dirt: Designing Outdoor Classrooms e-Course!
Teaching in the Dirt: Designing Outdoor Classrooms is my step-by-step course where I will teach you the in’s and out’s of designing your outdoor learning spaces so you can get started with transforming your outdoor learning spaces, and reconnecting children with nature, and growing your Outdoor Classroom.
This is the class I wish I had when I created my first Children’s Garden and Outdoor Classroom.
Teaching in the Dirt: Designing Outdoor Classrooms is a self-paced e-course designed to support teachers and parents through the process of transforming thoughtful outdoor learning spaces for children. In this course, we will explore the importance of outdoor learning, design elements and sustainability of your outdoor classroom. We will also discuss intentional teaching and playful learning, along with hands-on-minds-on learning.
What is included?
This video-based Master Class introduces…
- four types of gardens
- basic outdoor design elements for each garden
- simple guidelines to gain clarity for your one-of-a-kind Outdoor Classroom
- 2 amazing Outdoor Classroom Case Studies: Interviews and Garden Tours.
- helpful “Take Action” worksheets
As a community, we will have the opportunity to look at the evolution of each other’s outdoor learning spaces. Natural Teachers will receive practical feedback and support as they post before and after photos of their evolving outdoor classroom. You will be inspired to “dig in” and create your own outdoor learning spaces!
Did you know, for the same price of one workshop a month, CIRCLE Members get 24/7 access to our entire Workshop & Course Library?! They also enjoy our...
- LIVE Roundtable
- Outdoor Classroom Tour & Talks
- LIVE Q&A/ Educator Lesson Exchanges
- Membership Missions
- Private Facebook Community
Our Foundation course gives you a framework for focusing on the right things at the right time within your outdoor teaching practice; enabling you to layer in the key strategies and tactics that will help you grow your Outdoor Classroom.
Included in CIRCLE Membership. Also sold separately.
Tailored Professional Development
Do you need a:
- Staff Development?
- Conference Keynote?
- Online workshop?
- Onsite Retreat at The Secret Gardens Outdoor Classroom in Beverly, MA?
Interested? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org