Are you a director purchasing a professional development workshop for a teacher? Click Here
- 1 Hour Workshop
Who is David Sobel and what are his 7 Design Principles for Children and Nature? Just as Howard Gardner had identified a set of intelligence for children, David Sobel, a place-based educator, identified a set of play themes that emerge when children experience free time in nature. In this workshop, I invite you to use Sobel’s principles either as a guide to help plan learning experiences with children of all ages or as an assessment tool for evaluating your outdoor classroom and/or backyard teaching garden designs. Sobel notes that the principles are not linked to any specific developmental age but will appear differently as the child grows older. Come learn how to apply these principles to your Outdoor Classroom.
- Lifetime access
- Participation certificate
In this 1-hour workshop, you will
- Learn Sobel’s 7 Design Principles for Children and Nature.
- Explore how to adapt the 7 Principles to your Outdoor Classroom and/or Backyard Teaching Garden.
- Discover children’s play themes
- Fill your tool-kit with assessment ideas for outdoor learning.
Did you know, for the same price of one workshop a month, CIRCLE Members get 24/7 access to our entire Workshop & Course Library?! They also enjoy our...
- LIVE Roundtable
- Outdoor Classroom Tour & Talks
- LIVE Q&A/ Educator Lesson Exchanges
- Membership Missions
- Private Facebook Community
Our Foundation course gives you a framework for focusing on the right things at the right time within your outdoor teaching practice; enabling you to layer in the key strategies and tactics that will help you grow your Outdoor Classroom.
Included in CIRCLE Membership. Also sold separately.
Tailored Professional Development
Do you need a:
- Staff Development?
- Conference Keynote?
- Online workshop?
- Onsite Retreat at The Secret Gardens Outdoor Classroom in Beverly, MA?
Interested? Contact me at email@example.com