RAIN, RAIN, PLEASE STAY
Outdoor Classrooms Training and Development Programs
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” Ben Franklin
Outdoor Classrooms inspires early childhood teachers, out-of-school-time educators; along with, parents and families to create one-of-a-kind Outdoor Classrooms and/or Backyard Teaching Gardens. All on a shoe-string budget. One way we do this is through workshops and training.
All workshops and training are led by Victoria Hackett, M.Ed. Whether your workshop is online or onsite, Victoria blends theory with hands-on problem-solving techniques, true-to-life anecdotes, valuable tips, and lively participation. Her extensive experience as a consultant/trainer/mentor and her background as a Natural Teacher allows her to bring profound knowledge and a pragmatic approach to every workshop she teaches.
RAIN, RAIN, PLEASE STAY: 1-hour Workshop
April showers bring May flowers. Let’s talk about all the things we can still do outside in the rain, proper rain gear, and how great the rain is for us. We will share outdoor rain activities, resources, and book lists on the topic. We dig deep, frame the good weather days vs. the bad weather days, and explore how our attitudes trickle right down to our kids. Every day is a gift to go outside. Who is ready to go puddle jumping?
In this 1-hour workshop, you will
- Learn how to prepare you and your children for joyful experiences outdoors in the rain.
- Discover tips and tricks for taking kids outdoors to learn with water play.
- Explore the value of puddle jumping and getting dirty.
- Prepare your physical environment for all types of weather.
- Capture these moments with photography.
- Fill your Nature-Based Toolbox with water-themed activities, games, and ideas.
You will never want to stay indoors during a rainy day again. With our activities, kids won’t even realize they learning.
- Downloadable workbook
- Lifetime access
- A community of like-minded educators and parents.
- Lectures 3
- Quizzes 0
- Students 7
- Assessments Yes