Do you opt out of going outdoors to teach in Winter? Do you see your outdoor space as a dark, frozen space that lacks imagination? In this workshop, we learn how to enhance outdoor learning in cold weather. In doing this we will look at Case Studies and learn how to “connect to dots” using key outdoor design elements and outdoor teaching strategies. Come learn how to continue to teach and learn outdoors no matter what the weather. I promise you that you will never look at winter the same again.
In this 1-hour workshop, you will
- Learn how to prepare your outdoor space for playful learning experiences outdoors in the winter.
- Discover tips and tricks for infusing your winter curriculum with captivating activities.
- Explore the value of being outdoors in winter.
- Prepare your physical environment for all types of weather.
- Fill your Nature-Based Toolbox with all weather-themed activities, games, and ideas.