In the Let’s Grow Literacy Outdoors Master Class, you will weave children’s literature into your Outdoor Classroom experience. This course will enable educators to play with practical “shoestring budget” nature-based literacy ideas within 4 types of Gardens. Teachers and parents are invited to develop high-quality outdoor learning environments. This is where you lay the foundation of your vision for a Literacy Garden. You will come away with renewed energy, intention, and an understanding of how Literacy Outdoors can improve child development. Don’t forget the amazing, supportive and inspiring community. During this Master Class, you will:
- Understand how to add writing, reading, talking, and listening to the 4 Types of Gardens.
- Learn how to create a Curriculum-on-the Go Literacy Kit
- Play with nature-based children’s books, planting ideas, and growing activities
- Discover how to create an invitation for learning that is inspired by children’s books.
WHAT YOU GET: Each Module includes:
- In-depth videos from me, Victoria Hackett, that walk you through my easy-to-follow examples and instructions for adding literacy outdoors.
- Nature-Based activities, ideas, and seeds of inspiration for 4 types of gardens.
- Access to a private Facebook group with like-minded educators where I will give you feedback and guidance. We will share best practices and extend our nature-based children’s book discussions.
- Weekly Literacy activity planning goals and check-ins
- My hand-picked selection of nature-based children’s booklists and how to use them as “seeds of inspiration” for growing literacy outdoors in the 4 types of gardens.
WHERE: This is a self-paced, online Master Class that you can take from the comforts of home.