There are significant differences between gardening for art and beauty and gardening for pollinators. Join us and learn about pollinators, their characteristics, and their needs. Discover how to connect pollinator gardens to nature-based curriculum, gardening practices needed to create a healthy habitat for pollinators, and the best plants for pollinator gardens.
In this 1-hour workshop, you will
- Inspire students’ natural curiosity and wonder with hands-on learning experiences and inquiry-based exploration about pollinators.
- Learn how to prepare yourself for a new way of teaching young children outdoors.
- Discover tips and tricks for teaching children about pollinators and the plants they love.
- Understand why our pollinators are at risk and what we can do to help them.
- Enjoy an abundance of exciting activities, resources, and NEW ideas!
- Celebrate June and National Pollinator Month and certify your garden.