Create a Pollinator Garden
Outdoor Classrooms Training and Development Programs
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” Ben Franklin
Outdoor Classrooms inspires early childhood teachers, out-of-school-time educators; along with, parents and families to create one-of-a-kind Outdoor Classrooms and/or Backyard Teaching Gardens. All on a shoe-string budget. One way we do this is through workshops and training.
All workshops and training are led by Victoria Hackett, M.Ed. Whether your workshop is online or onsite, Victoria blends theory with hands-on problem-solving techniques, true-to-life anecdotes, valuable tips, and lively participation. Her extensive experience as a consultant/trainer/mentor and her background as a Natural Teacher allows her to bring profound knowledge and a pragmatic approach to every workshop she teaches.
The WORKSHOP BUNDLES ARE HERE! Since so many of you have been enjoying the 1-hour workshops and have inquired about purchasing them in bulk, I’m happy to announce that they are here! Did you miss a few of the workshops? Or, are you looking to hunker down on a rainy day and binge-watch all of them? Now you can! Interested? Learn more HERE.
CREATE A POLLINATOR GARDEN
There are significant differences between gardening for art and beauty and gardening for pollinators. Join us and learn about pollinators, their characteristics, and their needs. Discover how to connect pollinator gardens to nature-based curriculum, gardening practices needed to create a healthy habitat for pollinators, and the best plants for pollinator gardens.
In this 1-hour workshop, you will
- Inspire students’ natural curiosity and wonder with hands-on learning experiences and inquiry-based exploration about pollinators.
- Learn how to prepare yourself for a new way of teaching young children outdoors.
- Discover tips and tricks for teaching children about pollinators and the plants they love.
- Understand why our pollinators are at risk and what we can do to help them.
- Enjoy an abundance of exciting activities, resources, and NEW ideas!
- Celebrate June and National Pollinator Month and certify your garden.
Once you prepare and plan, you will be ready to take the leap and start teaching outdoors. Kids won’t even realize they learning. Let’s make teaching outdoors the norm.
- Lifetime Access
- A community of like-minded educators and parents
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Students 30
- Assessments Yes