5 Favorite Gifts that Inspire Wonder in Nature
Have you ever received a gift that inspires WONDER IN NATURE? Just going outdoors and sitting in nature is a gift. Listening to the sounds of the birds and watching the wind blow in the trees is magical. What if we could attract wildlife, create outdoor learning stations and grow food in our Outdoor Classroom? What would we need to enhance these outdoor experiences for children? Here are 5 ideas to get you started.
1. Gardener’s Supply Company Mason Bee House
Try something new this year with this simple Mason Bee House.
- BEE A FRIEND- Boost your garden’s productivity by providing a happy home for peaceful, non-stinging Mason bees. Slightly smaller than honeybees, mason bees are incredible pollinators. Each one visits as many as 1000 blooms per day — 20 times as many as a honeybee!
- BENEFITS- Hang this natural bamboo house against a tree or wall where it will get morning sun and attract mason bees. Female bees fill the bamboo tubes with their eggs, and nectar and pollen for the young to eat.
- MATERIALS- Made from natural bamboo and if unprotected outdoors will generally last two years
- Bees are not included
- MEASUREMENTS- 5-3/4″ W x 10″ H x 5-3/4″ D
2. Window Bird Feeder
Start your Gardens that Attract Wildlife with this simple Window Bird Feeder. A great addition to your Outdoor Classroom.
AMAZING CLOSE-UP VIEWS OF YOUR FAVORITE WILD BIRDS! Made from high transparency, see-through acrylic so you can study the beautiful markings of each bird. Makes bird watching fun and easy from the comfort of your own home or classroom. Kids love to watch the birds sitting inches away from their faces.
ENJOY THE BEAUTY OF WILD BIRDS WITHOUT NEEDING BINOCULARS! If you are looking for a top-of-the-line bird feeder, to attract birds right to your window, you will love our Nature’s Hangout Outdoor Window Bird Feeder! It is made from high transparency, see-through acrylic so you can study and appreciate the beauty of local bird species.
3. Seeds of Inspiration for Outdoor Learning Card Deck
Use this card deck to set individual Outdoor Classroom goals or inspire an entire staff of teachers.
The Seeds of Inspiration Learning Card Deck is an idea generator for your Outdoor Classroom. The deck features photographs from The Four Types of Gardens; Gardens that Feed; Gardens that Attract Wildlife; Garden for Art and Beauty; and Gardens as Learning Stations. Each card offers questions as prompts to guide your Outdoor Classroom design and nature-based curriculum for teaching outdoors.
4. Leuchtturm 1917 Medium A5 Dotted Hardcover Notebook
Start your 2020 Nature journal in style! Write, draw, and collage in this blank book.
- INKPROOF PAPER: Medium (A5) notebooks have 80 gsm paper, which is equatable to 60lb stock, and has 249 numbered pages
- OPENS FLAT: This thread-bound notebook opens flat so you can write and draw at all angles without compromising the integrity of the spine
- ELASTIC CLOSURE BAND: Secure your content with the elastic enclosure band and inner gusseted pocket. Page marker is included for easy access to a specific page
- VARIOUS COLOR OPTIONS: The size and range of colors make them ideal companions for all walks of life. Includes 8 perforated sheets, a blank table of contents and a gusseted pocket
- QUALITY SINCE 1917: Experience and consistency are important requirements for quality. Quality gives ideas a solid foundation on which they can develop. We are convinced that small details can make a big difference
5. Homegrown Pantry: A Gardener’s Guide to Selecting the Best Varieties & Planting the Perfect Amounts for What You Want to Eat Year-Round
Another great book from my Mum who is both a great gardener and exceptional chef. Let the learning begin!!
Now that you’ve mastered gardening basics, you want to enjoy your bounty year-round, right? Homegrown Pantry picks up where beginning gardening books leave off, with in-depth profiles of the 55 most popular crops — including beans, beets, squash, tomatoes, and much more — to keep your pantry stocked throughout the year. Each vegetable profile highlights how many plants to grow for a year’s worth of eating, and which storage methods work best for specific varieties. Author Barbara Pleasant culls tips from decades of her own gardening experience and from growers across North America to offer planting, care, and harvesting refreshers for every region and each vegetable.
Now I want to hear from you. What are your favorite Nature Inspired Gifts that tap into your wonder muscle? Share in the comments below.
P.S. Want to learn more? Outdoor-Classrooms.com offers lot’s of Master Classes. They are all on-line, self paced and jam packed with ideas, activities, and seeds of inspiration!