Visual Journal Reflection Helpers
Welcome to Teaching in the Dirt: STEAM Outdoors e-course! I am so excited that you are here. For those of you that are interested in digging a little deeper, I will be offering a series of questions I call “Reflection Helpers.” To begin, I invite all of you to:
- Purchase a blank journal. (Visit the Book Store to see a sample)
- Read “Why Children and Nature?”
- Add the “Reflection Helper” questions to your Visual Journal
- Begin your reflections with writing words, doodling, drawing and/or adding pictures.
- Add a comment to this post (and every post) if you are interested in earning the 20 hour participation certificate.
There is no wrong way to do this. Have Fun!
1. Did your childhood offer very much time to play outdoors? How much did that impact how you teach or think about children now?
2. Where did you play outdoors? Beach, Mountains, Woods, River, Pond, Park, Neighborhood?
3. In your ideas teaching position, how would you provide outdoor space and time for children?