Outdoor Winter Activities for Infants and Toddlers
Outdoor Classrooms Training and Development Programs
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” Ben Franklin
Outdoor Classrooms inspires early childhood teachers, out-of-school-time educators, parents, and families to create one-of-a-kind Outdoor Classrooms and/or Backyard Teaching Gardens. All on a shoe-string budget. One way we do this is through workshops and training.
All workshops and training are led by Victoria Hackett, M.Ed. Whether your workshop is online or onsite, Victoria blends theory with hands-on problem-solving techniques, true-to-life anecdotes, valuable tips, and lively participation. Her extensive experience as a consultant/trainer/mentor and her background as a Natural Teacher allow her to bring profound knowledge and a pragmatic approach to every workshop she teaches.
WORKSHOP DESCRIPTION: Outdoor Winter Activities for Infants and Toddlers
“Winter is not a season, it’s a celebration.” Anamika Mishra
Let’s talk about all the things we can still do outside during the cold weather months, proper gear, and how great the snow, rain, and colder temperatures are for us. We share outdoor Winter activities for INFANTS & TODDLER, resources, and how to engage young children while having a plan. We dig deep and learn how to respond to the “It’s too cold”, “It’s too icy”, and “it takes up too much time” dilemma. Let’s reframe how we look at Winter with INFANTS AND TODDLERS and embrace it with an overflowing toolbox of age-appropriate Winter activities.
In this 1-hour workshop, you will
- Learn how to prepare you and your Infants & Toddlers for joyful experiences outdoors during the colder Winter months.
- Discover tips and tricks for taking Infants and Toddlers outdoors no matter what the weather.
- Explore the value of playing in the snow, rain, and sleet, while getting dirty.
- Prepare your physical environment for all types of weather.
- Fill your Nature-Based Toolbox with age-appropriate Winter-themed activities, games, and ideas.
You and your children will never want to stay indoors during the winter again. With our activities, kids won’t even realize they learning.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 0
- Students 6
- Assessments Yes