Our Community of Outdoor Classrooms
Have you ever wanted to “shadow” an Outdoor Classroom? Or been curious to know if there are any Outdoor Classrooms in your area? Are you a garden coordinator that wants to connect with other garden coordinators to compare stories and learn from each other?
As we build our community of Outdoor Classrooms, I have been fortunate enough to meet many of our garden stewards and learn their outdoor classroom stories. The wisdom in many of these stories are priceless and I want to share them with you. I have compiled a few of them here for you.
The exciting news….This is only the beginning!
- Lehman Intermediate School
- East Stroudsburg, PA
- Contact: Cynthia Pellington
- Shamrock Garden Elementary School
- Charlotte, N.C.
- Contact: Bobbie Mabe
- SHED Children’s Children’s Campus
- Andover, MA
- Contact: Linda Shottes-Bouchard
- Phillips Academy
- Andover, MA
- Contact: Carol Landry
- St. Michaels College
- Colchester, VT
- Contact: Professor Valerie Bang-Jensen & Professor Mark Lubkowitz
- MA Audubon Sanctuary & Chenery Middle School
- Belmont, MA
- Contact: Phyl Solomon
- The National Garden Program and Global Garden Exchange
- Contact: Lauren Howe
Do you have an Outdoor Classroom or Children’s Garden that would you like to be featured? Join our Outdoor Classrooms community and share your story! Interested? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.